Here is another one of my super easy recipes. Lentils are packed with protein (one cup of lentils has about 18g!) and healthy fiber, so you want to make sure you incorporate lentils into your diet on a regular basis.
What you need
1 pack of dry Lentils (Duh!)
2 Stalks of Celery
3 Garlic Cloves
Veggie Broth (Optional)
- Peel the carrots and slice them. Cut onion and celery in small pieces. Grate garlic.
- Add some cooking spray or butter/margarine to a big pot and heat it up.
- Add carrots, onion, and celery and sauté.
- Add garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper to taste
- Fill pot with 32oz of veggie broth or water and add lentils
- Let it come to a boil and then lower heat and let it simmer for 30-45 min or until lentils are soft.
- Stir occasionally
You can serve it over rice, eat it just like that, or blend it into a smooth lentil soup. When you keep the leftovers in the refrigerator, they will be good for 2-3 more days. You can also divide them into portions and freeze for an easy grab-and-go lunch.
Written by: Jen
The Online Personal Trainer for Women